Monday, April 27, 2009

Thanks...

So yesterday was the very last Freak Dance show ever. Sucks it had to end so early when it just felt like a start (at least to me). Every single cast member are amazingly nice, or nicely amazing, people and I'm very honored and glad I got to meet them and shared the stage with them. So thanks to them for the awesome opportunity. Again, like the last show, only Jacky and I went to do the performance, and luckily this time the Bad News Bears joined us. Bears and Snakes collaborate! Although Jacky and I aren't ALL Snakes... but you get the point. So we got there on call time which is 6:00, being the show started at 7:30. Turns out we got there early, because not everyone got there at 6:00. But, it wasn't time wasted because there was another show going on that started at 6:00... Jeff Garlin's Combo Platter featuring Natasha Leggero and Nick Thune. I got to watch from backstage/sidestage/behind the curtain, whatever. GREAT show. I would've paid to sit in the audience if I knew. I'd have to say Nick Thune killed the show, but not that Jeff and Natasha didn't, because they were funny too. In case you're not familiar with Nick Thune's comedy:

"I wish I got organic balls... so I could green tea bag someone."
Anyway, so Freak Dance starts like way passed 6:45 or so. The show was way more packed than the last one we did. There were more people sitting on side stage, and I even saw some people standing by the hall/entrance area. Crazy. I was told the line outside went all the way to the Gelson(?) supermarket. Shit's nuts. Sucks for the people who didn't get to come in to see the final show. So a couple minutes before the show officially started, the Bears showed up. Joel, Isaac and Chuy. We went over our "game plans", and that was that. I did four out of the five intermissions. Basically from the second one on to the last one... I was... Dead. Beat. Tired. But it was fun as hell. Can't wait till the video and pictures come out. Then after the show, everyone went to the afterparty at Michael Cassady's house (aka the main star of Freak Dance). It was awesome talking to everyone and just networking and stuff. Drank a lot of beer; I don't even remember how many, but I do remember the part where my left hand was holding my cup of beer, then I was talking to Scott (Rodgers) and did some kind of hand gesture with my right hand and knocked my left hand cup down on the ground and spilled my beer on the floor. Sorry Scott. Haha. Party foul = Awkward moment. I got home around 2 AM, still pretty drunk. Woke up this morning for work, still feeling the buzz. Wished it was still the weekend. But yeah, that was my Sunday. Good ol Sundays...

No comments:

Post a Comment